The Seitzergasse in Vienna’s first district cordially invited you to have a picnic and hang out with friends and family over two weekends this summer.
BRING YOUR OWN or PICK UP YOUR PICNIC BASKET: you can buy baskets for two people with a variety of fillings just around the corner at bakeries and restaurants as well as at the Café Am Hof by the Park Hyatt Vienna. Drinks are provided by the Meinl pop-up bar in the Tuchlaubenhof and by the Veuve Clicquot truck on Seitzergasse. Fun is guaranteed by a foosball table, and live acts and DJs promise entertainment – hosted by 98.3 Superfly. Brand new: the painting corner for children by Plastic House and hipp popsicle-cocktails by Schleck Druff from Berlin. Grass, cushions, blankets, cutlery, baskets you can have filled: we will supply you with all of the above on site. #picnicinthecity
For all those who missed the first picnic, we made a note of what went on both on- and offstage:
- Starting at 6 a.m. on Saturday, it took seven hours to set everything up.
- 550 square metres of turf were unfurled to create a genuinely urban picnic atmosphere and 150 cushions and blankets were put in place so that people could lounge in comfort.
- In the bright sunshine temperatures climbed over the course of Saturday to well above 30 degrees.
- Café Am Hof, Meinl am Graben, Schwarzes Kameel, Fabios, Gösser Bierklinik, Aida and Mann compiled a menu of 13 picnic baskets, each with different contents.
- Guests had the choice to either bring their own basket with them or buy a pre-prepared one on-site – more than 200 such picnic baskets were emptied.
- Beats were provided by live acts like jazz musician Philipp Tröstl, guitar player Francisco Mendez, the soul band Louie & The Pomberos as well as the DJs hosted by 98,3 Superfly, Monsieur Smoab and Jürgen Drimal.
- Drinks were available at the Meinl pop-up bar in the Tuchlaubenhof and from the Veuve Clicquot truck on Seitzergasse.
- Football was of course also on the cards: either at the foosball table or by watching the 330 nail-biting minutes of Euro 2016 in the public screening areas.
- To cool off in Saturday’s heat, people headed to the Zuckero ice cream cart in the Tuchlaubenhof.
- On Sunday it took five hours to take down the scenery.