It Bags: 8 trends for summer ’18
Mini bucket bags made of velvet, basket bags with leather inserts and box-shaped clutches. The new must-haves come in a variety of shapes and styles this spring. An overview.
- Mini bags. Space for your smartphone, credit card and lipstick – and nothing else. Mini bags are big this year. At Etro and Kiton these eye-catchers are worn on the wrist as bucket bags or tiny shoulder bags – combined with colourful dresses and white trouser suits.
- Belt bags. Valentino has just the ticket for bold fashionistas: belt bags! They’re not just popular among street style stars and a handy accessory for sporty outfits – they can also be worn with long dresses.
- Typical summer styles. Emporio Armani is banking on summer classics, including duffle bags and net bags.
- Picnic o’clock. Miu Miu has an item on its shelves this season that’s a combination of a leather bag and a basket bag.
- Flowers. It wouldn’t be spring without a good helping of flower power. That must have been what the designers at Louis Vuitton were thinking.
- Stand out from the crowd. The fake-fur clutch by Brunello Cucinelli is clearly not for the faint-hearted.
- Box. The cross-body bag at Alexander McQueen comes in an unusual shape, looking a little bit like a camera bag and decorated with studs.
- Unusual clasps: that’s Bottega Veneta’s speciality this season. Click!