Instagramming has developed into its own art form. Which is why Austria’s most popular Instagram photographers are now being showcased in a pop-up exhibition at the Hochhaus Herrengasse. More than 20 Instagrammers are showing their most stunning photos of #vienna. Visitors can explore the city in this interactive exhibition and purchase art prints, too. Maybe you’ve been following @anasbarros, @manpod or @fffeuchtner for ages? Here are nine other inspiring Viennese Instagram feeds that we recommend.
- Luca Lo Pinto: The world as seen through the eyes of an art appreciator. This curator at the Kunsthalle Wien and editor of the magazine Nero posts art and artistic titbits.
- MAK: Keep up to date with the latest design fads.
- The Viennese Girl: Actually Greek by birth, Silia initially only intended to spend three months in Vienna, but it’s now been five years since she decided against using her return ticket, choosing instead to fill her Instagram account with (fashion) snapshots of Viennese lifestyles.
- Patricia Weisskirchner: This Austrian photographer is an aesthete to the core. A passion for detail and an infallible eye for beauty.
- viennacontemporarymag: Regular food for lovers of contemporary art with insights into the world of artists and creatives.
- Vienna Touristboard: Vienna, my heart belongs to you alone! Impressions from every possible vantage point in the city under #welovevienna.
- Vienna as the first curated city in the world: downtownvienna collects together the most stunning social media snapshots of urban life in Vienna.
- Thomas Reinberger: If you’ve always wanted to know who’s behind Conchita Wurst’s style, this Instagram feed is where you’ll find the answer.
- Arthur Arbesser: Jet off to the world’s fashion metropolises with the Viennese designer. Every now and then the creative director of Italian label Iceberg also stops off in his old hometown.
#Vienna Viennese Instagram art April 2 - April 10 2016, 10.00 - 20.00. Hochhaus Herrengasse 6-8, 1010 Wien.